[asterisk-users] codec_zap and Asterisk 1.4.1

Jeremiah Millay jeremiah at rockriver.net
Tue Mar 20 11:58:40 MST 2007

I've downloaded:
asterisk-1.4.1
zaptel-1.4.0

I've compiled and installed zaptel. When I go to install asterisk I do:
./configure
make menuselect

I then take a look under the codec selection menu and I see that
codec_zap can not be compiled.

*************************************

Asterisk Module Selection

*************************************

Press 'h' for help.

                                                                    [*]
1.  codec_adpcm
                                                                    [*]
2.  codec_alaw
                                                                    [*]
3.  codec_a_mu
                                                                    [*]
4.  codec_g726
                                                                    [*]
5.  codec_gsm
                                                                    [*]
6.  codec_ilbc
                                                                    [*]
7.  codec_lpc10
                                                                    XXX
8.  codec_speex
                                                                    [*]
9.  codec_ulaw
                                                                    XXX
10. codec_zap

Generic Zaptel Transcoder Codec Translator
Depends on: zaptel_transcode(E), zaptel(E)

I see this in the changelog:

        * codecs/codec_zap.c: update to match zaptel 1.4 API change that
          was committed a few minutes ago

        * /: Blocked revisions 51410 via svnmerge ........ r51410 | russell
          | 2007-01-22 13:39:30 -0600 (Mon, 22 Jan 2007) | 3 lines Merge
          codec_zap support for the transcoder card. This is a standalone
          codec module so it will not affect anything else. ........

        * channels/chan_zap.c, codecs/codec_zap.c: Make codec_zap and
          chan_zap also depend on zaptel. This fixes an issue (8727) with
          zaptel being in a different directory, using --with-zaptel.

<kpfleming at digium.com>

        * channels/chan_zap.c, build_tools/menuselect-deps.in, configure,
          configure.ac, codecs/codec_zap.c: check specifically for VLDTMF
          and transcoding support in the system's Zaptel installation, and
          make only the modules that need those features dependent on them
          (this will allow building the other Zaptel-using parts of
          Asterisk against older versions of Zaptel or those on other
          platforms that haven't caught up yet to the Linux version)

I'm a little confused. I'm running a sangoma a200 card in my server. I
thought I needed codec_zap. Do I need to wait until zaptel-1.4.1 gets
released to be able to compile this or do I just not need it all
together? Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jeremiah