[asterisk-users] Microsoft launches first PABX

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:50:57 MST 2007

If anyone is at VON I would be curious to know what sort of hardware they
are using.
Quanta Computers-booth 1445
Dlink, Uniden apparently decided not to attend according to the exhibitors
list

>From the back of the boxes it looks like ITX but maybe not ix86 CPU.
Nothing to indicate how they plan to connect to the PSTN.  Maybe 3rd party
gateways?

One reviewer was quick to point out microsoft has dabbled in this before
with their cordless phone with TAPI integration to Outlook and voice
recognition.  It quietly went away.
http://www.tmcnet.com/articles/ctimag/0399/0399micro.htm