[asterisk-users] Conference server (or how to make a call with more than 3 u

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:19:30 MST 2007

This can be done like this:
;user extensions
exten=> 1,1,Dial(SIP/U1,,Tt)

exten=> 2,1,Dial(SIP/U2,,Tt)

exten=> 3,1,Dial(SIP/U2,,Tt)

;secretary extensions

exten=> 4,1,Dial(SIP/Secretary,Tt)
 the Tt option in dialplan lets the secretary to transfer the user

;conference extensions

exten=> 123,1,Meetme(${EXTEN})
exten=> 234,1,Meetme(${EXTEN})

your secratary dials any user who she wants to join the boss in a conference
room. after user answeres your secratary presses # button (or transfer
combination keys defined in features.conf) she will hear a transfer message
followed by a dialtone, here she has to dial conference room no where she
wants to throw the user to join the conference like 123, or 234.
Hope its helpfull

On 3/20/07, Angel Heart <cocent at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Yehavi,
>
> Yes, this can be done. We are currently using this features. The
> Secretaries making the calls to who ever her Boss wants to join the
> conference she then just transfer the calls into the conference room. You
> can even annouce the name of the newly arrived calls in the conference.
> Like; "Mr. Mateevitsi join the conference" or "Mr. Mateevitsi leaved the
> conference" if one's leave the conference. I had created one coference room
> for every department.
>
> Regards.
>
> Angel
>
> *Victor Mateevitsi <mvictoras at gmail.com>* wrote:
>
> Or, you can just transfer the calls into the conference room.

> > > I need the person who initiated the conference call to call the others
> > and join
> > > them by herself. If I understand correctly, with the MeetMe you have
> > > initialize the conference and then people dial by themselves into it.
> > This
> > > won't be acceptable by the secretaries here...
> > >

> > Yehavi,
> >
> > Can you make a script that uses call files to get everyone into the
> > conference?
> > --
> >
> > Warm Regards,
> >
> > Lee