[asterisk-users] Dell poweredge 860 acceptable for office environment ?

Steve Totaro stevetotaro at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 17:08:21 MST 2007

Stephen Bosch wrote:
> Olivier wrote:
>
>> I'm really after 1U-2U silent servers as I've got the feeling most of
>> them are too noisy for offices and most of our clients don't have server
>> rooms.
>>

> Try this:
>
> http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/01/09/strip_out_the_fans/
>
> -s

The fans are in there for a reason.  There is also a reason why most
traditional phone systems are installed in what they call the "Telephone
Closet" where all the old 66 or 110 block are.  I suggest installing the
server in the "Telephone Closet" and running pulling a CAT6 cable to
wherever the data lives.

Thanks,
Steve