[asterisk-users] Dial(Local/${EXTEN}@longdistance)?

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:44:14 MST 2007

Hi,

This is a "tool" that allows you at any time and any place of your Dialplan
or Dialout Call file to dial a specific extension at a specific context,
even if you are not currently in the specific context.

example:

you are at [from-internal] context and you can say:

[from-internal]
exten=> 1234,1,Dial(Local/7777 at vipservices) ; Dialing in VIP services,
another context, without a GOTO or something else...
exten=> 1234,2,hangup

This is just a simple example, pls take a look on dialout call files and for
sure you will notice how useful this "local" could be.

Hope it helps,

Best regards,
MoutaPT

On 3/19/07, Philipp Kempgen <philipp.kempgen at amooma.de> wrote:

> Rizwan Hisham wrote:
>
> > I dont understand the syntax of the dial application when used like
> this:
> >
> > Dial(Local/${EXTEN}@longdistance)
> >
> > i want to know what is this "Local" doing instead of Tech like SIP, IAX,
> > H323?
>
> SIP/200 would dial a device (the SIP user 200) whereas
> Local/200 dials the extension 200 in your dialplan (in
> context longdistance).
>

> Regards,
>   Philipp
>
> --
> amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
>      Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.
>            Asterisk? -> http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de
>
> Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
> Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998

Esta mensagem (incluindo quaisquer anexos) pode conter informação
confidencial para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Se não for o destinatário
pretendido, não deverá usar, distribuir ou copiar este e-mail. Se recebeu
esta mensagem por engano, por favor informe o emissor e elimine-a
imediatamente. Obrigado.

This e-mail message is intended only for individual(s) to whom it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
proprietary, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
you believe you have received this message in error, please advise the
sender by return e-mail and delete it from your mailbox. Thank you.