[asterisk-users] Re: Zaptel version for asterisk 1.2.16

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 03:38:59 MST 2007

>    I discussed this with Digium techs, who recommended using the 1.4 version of
>    Zaptel with the 1.2 version of Asterisk, at least with my hardware

    Hi Brent,

    It   seems like zaptel 1.2.15 and asterisk .16 are working now,
thanks to a quick hint from Tzafrir about changing a Makefile.
Commenting out codec_zap in the codecs makefile allowed me to make and
install asterisk. There was a small change in the behavior of
Voicemail and it requires an explicit context which it apparently
didn't before.

 The only problems I have now will be looking at RxFax to see if I
want to try a later version and finding out whether g729 module is
still good.

And perhaps a few unknown gotchas I'll find out about while testing.