[asterisk-users] Cepstral voices

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Mar 16 14:23:32 MST 2007

Steve Prior wrote:
> Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
>>
>> what input text ? To what application ?
>
> I agree completely with the app_swift suggestion from loopfree as Kai
> suggested.  It provides the app_Swift which you can use from within a
> dialplan.  In fact, if you're getting fancy by using a fastAGI bound
> language(as I'm doing with asterisk-java), app_swift becomes the only
> good option.
>
> <slight rant>I think Cepstral should be providing an app_swift like
> binding themselves because if you're writing an application which is
> going to use information from a back end business model in creating the
> speech (and this is something they seem to think is their future and I
> agree), then a high level language through fastAGI seems by far the best
> way to control the call.
> </slight rant>

Funny you should mention FastAGI.  I am implementing a variation of my
DTSwift app through an Object Pascal based FastAGI scripting server now.

http://www.datatrakpos.com/pos/datatalk/images/asterpas.htm

The newer version just uses the System() AGI command to build the file
to play through the shell.  I'd be open to any suggestions for a more
efficient way of doing it.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee