[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 Follow-Me Application

Kevin Kiely Asterisk at gtcus.com
Fri Mar 16 13:34:17 MST 2007

I am having an issue with the follow me application in 1.4

The application description (below) indicates that "if the specified
<followmeid> profile doesn't exist in followme.conf, execution will be
returned to the dialplan and call execution will continue at the next
priority."

That's not happening for me and the execution terminates not continuing to
the next priority in the dialplan.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Kevin

exten => 502,1,Followme(cell|s)
exten => 502,2,Playback(goodbye)
exten => 502,3,Hangup

    -- Executing [502 at from-sip:1] FollowMe("SIP/2101-b6e17f60", "cell|s") in
new stack
[Mar 16 23:29:34] WARNING[10814]: app_followme.c:954 app_exec: Profile
requested, cell, not found in the configuration.
  == Spawn extension (from-sip, 502, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/2101-b6e17f60'

[Description]
  FollowMe(followmeid|options):
This application performs Find-Me/Follow-Me functionality for the caller
as defined in the profile matching the <followmeid> parameter in
followme.conf. If the specified <followmeid> profile doesn't exist in
followme.conf, execution will be returned to the dialplan and call
execution will continue at the next priority.

    s    - Playback the incoming status message prior to starting the
follow-me step(s)
    a    - Record the caller's name so it can be announced to the callee on
each step
    n    - Playback the unreachable status message if we've run out of steps
to reach the
           or the callee has elected not to be reachable.
Returns -1 on hangup