[asterisk-users] MAX TNT Question

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:43:42 MST 2007

Hi ALL,

I'm using this TNT to front-end an asterisk cluster, working pretty
well so far.  Some T1's are inbound from PSTN PRI's and others are
Outbound to PSTN PRI's.

Specifying what traffic to send out what PRI is pretty easy, we have
unique trunk numbers assigned to specific T1's or groups of T1's, so
when I send SIP traffic to the TNT, I prepend the dialed call with the
trunk number of the PRI I want to send the call out.  Like
5045551212@<MAXTNTIP>, I would send 1115045551212@<MAXTNTIP>, the MAX
strips the trunk digits and sends the call out the PRI associated with
trunk number 111.

This is working great.

On the reverse scenario, I have issues.  I would like to bring into
the MAX a PRI from a specific customer and have the calls go out to
the SIP gateway with the associated trunk digits appended to the SIP
call.  Like from PRI #111 to SIP call pattern 5045551212@<ASTERISKIP>
would be appended with trunk # like 1115045551212@<ASTERISKIP>.

This way, I can associate this traffic to a particular customer,
otherwise ALL the traffic ingressing the MAX TNT from the PSTN/PRI
side going to the Asterisk Cluster looks the same, no way to
distinguish local customer traffic with PSTN inbound traffic.

I have been playing around with these settings in the Media-Gateway profile:

set dialed-gw-options trunk-prefix = enabled
set sip-options trunk-group-options otg-location = prepend-to-userinfo
set sip-options trunk-group-options otg-tag = otg
set sip-options trunk-group-options otg-tag-in-userinfo = no
set sip-options trunk-group-options dtg-location = tag-in-request-uri
set sip-options trunk-group-options dtg-tag = dtg

And these settings in the T1 profile:

set line-interface pri-prefix-number = ""

But no combination of these parameters is affecting the SIP URI or the
SIP Info messaging.

I'm running 12.0 code on the TNT's

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.