[asterisk-users] transfer=mediaonly : can't hear nothing

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Mar 16 08:40:53 MST 2007

Simone Cittadini wrote:
> I've setup this simple configuration to test the new mediaonly iax
> feature in 1.4 :

What version of Asterisk exactly?

> Input (client) -> Server (routing) -> Termination
> transfer=no        transfer=mediaonly   transfer=no

This doesn't make any sense; the 'Server' is going to have two 'friend'
entries for the other systems. Are you saying that you have
transfer=mediaonly set for both 'friends'?

The transfer settings on the endpoints are not going to matter; only the
server(s) in the middle of the call path will pay attention to them.

> with Server's transfer=mediaonly I have quite immediatly the 'ready to
> transfer' message but cant' hear nothing (I see udp activity on I and T
> anyway)
> 10% of the tryes the transfer is not so immediate and I can hear a
> couple of seconds of monkey screams
> (the cdr works ok, billing the entire call)

Once you have answered the questions above we can help you debug this
more thoroughly.