[asterisk-users] Only secretary can call the boss, all others only reach the secretary when dial the boss extension

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho at reit.up.pt
Fri Mar 16 06:41:49 MST 2007

With Ioan suggestion it still doesn't work, because Asterisk still
thinks that the INVITE sent as consequence of the REFER message isn't
correlated with a transferred call coming from the secretary.

I've also tried to do it using different contexts, but it still doesn't
work. I've done like this:
[default]
exten => secretary_extension,1,Dial(SIP/secretary_extension)
exten => boss_extension,1,Dial(SIP/secretary_extension)
[secretary]
include => default
exten => boss_extension,1,Dial(SIP/boss_extension)

The problem seems to be that in either case, Asterisk doesn't keep the
state of the call, to know that if transferred from the secretary, the
server should let it pass to the boss and not redirecting it back to the
secretary.
May this be solved with Transfer([Tech/]dest[|options])? And is it the
only way to do it? Can't it be done with normal "transfer" key that the
phones I've deployed have?

Any other ideas?!
Thanks,
Ricardo.

Ioan Indreias wrote:
> Maybe you could use something like:
>
> exten =>
> boss_ext,1,GotoIf($[${CALLERID(number)}=secretary_ext]?boss:secretary)
> exten => boss_ext,n(boss),Dial(SIP/boss_ext)
> exten => boss_ext,n(secretary),Dial(SIP/secretary_ext)
>

> ## nini @ www.modulo.ro ##
>

> Jonathan k. Creasy wrote:
>> Why don't you just give the secretary the boss' REAL extension and
>> give a different extension to the world that just rings the secretary?
>> -jonathan

>>> Ricardo.