[asterisk-users] Single sign on PC + phone?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Fri Mar 16 03:11:04 MST 2007

On 15 Mar 2007, at 16:19, Trevor Peirce wrote:

> Patrick wrote:
>> Thanks for the info Trevor. Was your proof of concept also with
>> Windows
>> PCs or *nix PCs? I haven't played with realtime yet so I might be
>> in for
>> a bit of a learning curve.
>>

> This was just on Linux user stations with a simple bash script that
> send a request to a web server.  The web server did the rest based
> on the PC's IP address and user's username.

Might be a bit harder to do on a Windows based network with DHCP on
the workstations !

One way to try it would be to look for a service all PCs register for
already.
If you have a central fileserver I'd go for that.
The SNMP mib for windows (NT and upwards) lets you query things like
logged-on username, client IP address - and MAC addresses.
So you poll that, work out which user is on which MAC address (hence PC)
then you just need a map that finds the nearest phone to a given MAC.
Use that to update the realtime database.

Sounds like a fun project, shame I don't need it !

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/