[asterisk-users] Help! Echo problem even at T1 PRI?

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 23:25:55 MST 2007

Hi Vincent -

> Can anybody tell me if echo cancellation is really needed even at a T1 PRI
> to the telco? Because people keep saying when they deploy voip solution in
> Hong Kong using T1 PRI, there is no need of echo cancellation. (even the
> local Digium distributor)

I have to do echo cancellation on a PRI for one of my customers, even
though the Telco office is only two blocks away.

> Asterisk is 1.2.13, zaptel is 1.2.10. I choosed the MARK2 canceller in the
> zaptel.

There's also the "aggressive" option for MARK2, you might try that.
Or you could try the MG2 echo can.

> The setting in zaptel is default:
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> echotraining=yes

The best settings for us:
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=no

You'll probably have to do some experimenting, as your best values may
be different.

Good Luck!
- Noah