[asterisk-users] Re: zapata with Tiger3XX compilation error

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Mar 15 21:26:26 MST 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 03:38:20PM -0700, pedro noticioso wrote:
> Ok so I read the Linux 2.6 related README and finally
> compiled propperly, I thought but at the end I notice
> that lscpi does report the cards, but I cant modprobe
> wcfxo nor zaptel and I do have wcfxo.ko in the
> /lib/modules/2.6.8/extra/ directory, so what gives?
>
> This is a Debian Sarge, thanks!

I believe the docs have misled you. I bet /usr/src/linux is a link to
some kernel source that happens to have a kernel almost configured
correctly.

What is the output of:

  modinfo wcfxo

Anything?

  apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r`

and repeat the build.

Alternatively,

  echo deb http://updates.xorcom.com/rapid sarge main >>/etc/apt/sources.list
  apt-get update
  apt-get install zaptel zaptel-modules-`uname -r`
  genzaptelconf
  # optional:
  #echo '#include zapata-channels.conf' >>/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
  #/etc/init.d/asterisk start

If you want asterisk 1.4: that should be a simple matter of adding two
symlinks, I believe. I'll have to dig in further.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com