[asterisk-users] Dropped calls in Asterisk - A general question

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Thu Mar 15 12:11:30 MST 2007

Hey all, I have a question for those administrating/building out
systems with over 30 users on them. How often do you experience
the dropped call phenomena. Would you care to share your
experiences including what versions of * you were using, what
kind of connectivity was present (T1, Fractional T, Intergrated T,
DSL, Cable). Echo? Solutions? (e.g. we bought an X_Brand Echo
Canceller).

Also, which phones most found favorable with Asterisk on a full
functional level. Not "Polycoms because they're so neat!" Or:
"Cisco rocks!". Something more to the tune of "X_Brand phones
worked well with Asterisk 1.2.xx for 70 users on a Data T. We
had an X_Brand switch which did/didn't do PoE running Asterisk
on a SuperX_Brand server with X amount of memory.

Any response is appreciated as long as its something productive.
No "My SuperX_Brand system has a new logo and a shiny silver box
that the vendor states `surpasses unforseen functionality due to
hyperbolic hooplah blah blah`. Short, sweet effective. Thanks.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams