[asterisk-users] voip-info.org status update

cb cb at mythtech.net
Wed Mar 14 21:46:46 MST 2007

On Mar 15, 2007, at 12:32 AM, shadowym wrote:

> Hard to expect the business community to take Asterisk seriously
> when this sort of stuff happens IMHO.  I can't understand how 3 of
> 4 hard drives could just suddenly fail simultaneously.  There must
> be more too it.

It is drifting off topic, but if all the drives in the array where
bought from the same batch, and it was a bad batch, they could all
fail at about the same time.

I've seen it happen in non-raid drives, I had a batch of drives all
bought at the same time, that all went bad within about a week of
each other. Each was in a different PC so they had slightly different
up times and usage.

I could see if those drives had been in a RAID array and were being
stressed equally, they may have all failed within hours or even
minutes of each other.

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>