[asterisk-users] what happened to asterisk wiki???

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:02:01 MST 2007

On 3/14/07, Stephen Bosch <posting at vodacomm.ca> wrote:

> It would be nice to make this information available in a friendlier medium:
>
> - a Mediawiki-based wiki engine;
> - allowing mirroring
> - Keep it focused just on Asterisk, rather than the entire field

Well put.  I made the (unfortunate) decision to use tikiwiki (what's
currently running voip-info.org) at work for an internal wiki a few
years ago.  Man, what a crappy piece of software.  Luckily, we've
since move to greener pastures with Mediawiki.

Anyway - I don't mind so much having a general-purpose VoIP wiki, but
I *do* resonate with your desires to have it be easily-mirrorable.  I
believe you can download nightly snapshots of the wikipedia
databases...if the voip-info.org folks offerred a similar service, I
know there would be many people (myself include) who would love to
mirror the data, making it publicly available, thereby reducing some
of the load on the main server.

For some reason, I'm doubtful this will ever happen, but hey, we can
always hope, right?

Here's to v-i.org coming back soon.

-Erik Anderson

--