[asterisk-users] Zaptel version for asterisk 1.2.16

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Mar 14 14:54:11 MST 2007

John Novack wrote:
> In Digium's infinite wisdom, they have seen fir to have version numbers
> no longer match, and also NOT provide any sort of map to give the rest
> of us a clue as to what goes with what.
>
> Probably to discourage wider use of the product?

I must say that is an excellent attitude and must win you a lot of
friends :-)

What we did was stop making 'artificial' releases of Zaptel and libpri
only to keep their version numbers in line with Asterisk version
numbers. There is no need nor value in having matching version numbers;
they are independent projects. If they were supposed to be released in
lock-step fashion, they'd all be a single project.

There is no need for any 'map'; any Asterisk 1.2.x release should be
usable with any Zaptel 1.2.x release, but of course we'd suggest using
the latest releases of both. There are no API changes or feature
additions (generally) in release branches, so frequently you can update
_only_ Asterisk if you are happy with the version of Zaptel you have
installed and running.