[asterisk-users] IAX2 and Faxing

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Wed Mar 14 13:22:29 MST 2007

Davis Sylvester III wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to get faxing to work with an IAX2 remote client?

Wish upon a falling star, throw a penny into a fountain, find a
four-leaf clover, and pat your head and rub your stomach all at the same
time.  :-)

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/fax-over-voip.pdf

For the most part it's not going to happen, at least reliably.

> I have two customers both are connected via Digium's ATA's S101I both
> can place and receive calls without any problems.  However when they
> connect there line to a fax machine it never connects to the remote
> fax machine.  They place a normal POTS line and all faxes fine.

Read the PDF doc, and maybe you'll understand why voice calls are fine
but not fax... why POTS faxing is fine but not over VoIP.

Lee.