[asterisk-users] 120 concurrent ZAP connections in asterisk open edition. Is that possible?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Mar 13 10:37:53 MST 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 12:18:50PM -0500, Héctor Maldonado wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In your experience, what is the maximum number of *concurrent* zap channels
> that you've ever tried with one box of Asterisk open edition?

With Zaptel, the limit is pretty clear: the number of channels your
hardware supports...

120 is the capacity of a quad E1 card, or (if I may pitch our own
hardware) 4 Astribank 32 units. A decent system that does not have much
transcoding conferencing or other types of complicated processings
should have no problem with such a load.

> In my case, the max that I've tried was 63 simultaneous connections in a
> Quad T1/E1 card installed on a Intel Pentium D 3.4Ghz 2GB ram system.

That's half the capacity of the quad E1. What exactly did you try?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com