[asterisk-users] Single sign on PC + phone?

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Mon Mar 12 22:12:08 MST 2007

Patrick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have any experience with creating a Single sign on (SSO)
> concept where if someone logs in on their PC the phone next to that PC
> is also automatically assigned to that user?

Yup, I've done this on a small proof-of-concept scale.  I basically
created a script that runs on login which updates a MySQL database.
This database is in turn queried by the Realtime application so the dial
plan logic can route the call accordingly.  An expansion of this idea
will let you also manage outgoing caller id and voicemail notifications,
but those weren't needed in my project.

This was a single day project with Fedora Core 5.

Best regards,
Trevor Peirce