[asterisk-users] Filter IDENT(Port 113) on Linksys router puts remote extensions to one way audio

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:43:10 MST 2007

Hi all,

I just changed router at my clients office and installed a Linksys router
with latest firmware, which gives an option "Filter IDENT(Port 113)" in its
firewall. If it is checked, remote SIP phones do register but audio goes one
way. If I uncheck it, everything works fine. What I read on the Internet
suggested to keep it turned on due to security reasons, but then how do I
keep my remote extensions working?

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria