[asterisk-users] Rebooting ALL polycom phones

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Mon Mar 12 07:26:27 MST 2007

Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that if you have Polycom phones properly configured, you can use "sip
> notify polycom-check-cfg SIP_REGISTRATION_ID" to have the phones download
> the new configuration from the provisioning server and reboot.
>
> Is there anyway to send the same command to all peers (let's say I had 50
> polycom phones that I wanted to reboot)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Depending on whether you need them to reboot soon rather than *now* you
can set prov.polling.enabled="1" in sip.cfg. I have all my phones check
for configuration updates at 3:00am every day. If there are changes then
the phone reboots automatically to get the updated configuration. I make
the changes on the server, reboot my phone to test it and by the next
morning the rest of the phones will be up to date.

-Dave