[asterisk-users] Noob Question

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 11 23:29:07 MST 2007

>From: "Thomas Patterson" <thomas at wabb.ath.cx>
>Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:03:12 +1300
>
>I have setup my Asterisk server to have 3 outbound routes
>
>1 being for local calls
>2 being for toll calls
>3 being international call
>
>What I am wanting to do is automaticly setup if you dial a local number it
>goes out on the local interface
>
>If you dial a toll call it will go out on the tall provider.
>
>Now for the 3 option I want it to pick up the slack of the other eg if I
>have not put the dialing prefix in it will default to this trunk

Just match your local numbering plan.  Don't know your country's, but in
North America (NANP), you can do

[general]
NANP = NXXNXXXXXX; "10-digit phone number starting with area code"
NA_LOCAL = NXXXXXX; a North American local #

[outgoing]
exten => _${NA_LOCAL},1,NoOp(Got local number ${EXTEN})
exten => _${NA_LOCAL},n,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN}); G1 is for local
exten => _${NANP),1,Goto(1${EXTEN}); for the lazy people
exten => _1${NANP},1,NoOp(Got toll number ${EXTEN})
exten => _1${NANP},n,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN}); G2 is for toll
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(Likely international number ${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,1,Dial(Zap/g3/${EXTEN}); G3 is for international

Of course the real thing is a bit more complicated, if you want to count for
"local toll" and toll-free numbers, etc.

Yuan Liu