[asterisk-users] Re: Recorded file processing app wanted

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Sun Mar 11 06:06:25 MST 2007

We shall.  Let's use Google shall we?  Oh, here we find that there are
solutions that can be used in conjuntion with Sox to accomplish just
about anything.  Good ole Google, what a friend!

Use Sox to accomplish everything on his list except getting rid of
silece within the sounds file.  Then run a file splitter based on
silence, run Sox again to remove the silence from the resulting files
and then use a file merge program to put the pieced back together again.
Pretty simple script I think.

Take a look here "Audio::FindChunks - breaks audio files into
sound/silence parts."
http://search.cpan.org/~ilyaz/Audio-FindChunks-0.03/FindChunks.pm

Many Thanks,
Steve Totaro