[asterisk-users] IAX2 audio issues

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Sat Mar 10 18:34:29 MST 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 19:56 -0500, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> I can call out perfectly fine, but when I call my Asterisk box, I
> don't get any sound. I see the incoming call perfectly fine and the
> client I am using sees it, but when I pick it up neither side can
> hear each other.
>
> Any ideas were to begin looking?

Usually, when I have this sort of thing going on, it's because of codec
issues. You might check your configs, and see what's going on.

Also, you can turn on debug messages, and also increase the verbosity of
asterisk, with the commands "iax2 set debug", and "core set verbose 20"
in 1.4. There are 1.2 equivalents. It will spew a lot of information.
You sift thru it looking for negative messages, hints of why the audio
is having probs.

murf