[asterisk-users] Call load balancing

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Fri Mar 9 08:59:27 MST 2007

  Anyway, back to your question, how about your head system running an AGI
  that connects to the manager interface on the IVR boxes to find out how
  many calls each is currently processing? You could set a channel variable
  with the least busy host name and use that in your dial statement.

  If you passed the IVR host name list to the AGI, you could take a box out
  of service by editing and reloading your dialplan.

Can you give me a link to more information about how to use the management
interface? I've been having a hard time trying to track down more advanced
documentation and reference material.

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+