[asterisk-users] Fwd: Back to back E1 - asterisk <=> toshiba pbx -Call droping

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Thu Mar 8 07:16:07 MST 2007

Before studying your configs, what have you tried so far?

Did you change this?

Also, try changing your second span timing from span=2,2,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
to span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4.

Here is the documentation on voip-info for why it may be the cause of
your issues

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Zaptel.conf+span+syntax

span definition format:
span=(spannum),(timing),(LBO),(framing),(coding)

spannum= Number of the span.

timing= How to synchronize the timing devices.
0: to not use this span as sync source
1: to use as primary sync source
2: to set as secondary and so forth

Use '1' if you want to use the circuit as your primary sync source. If
'0' is used asterisk will try to provide timing to the span (say, if you
were connecting to a legacy PBX). If Asterisk is connected directly to
the telco you will want to use '1' to accept timing from them. If
youhave multiple spans, set them as 2, 3, 4, etc.

Problems with timing manifest themselves different ways - with static,
pops, and channels or calls regularly dropping.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com
KB3OPB