[asterisk-users] Queue Announcements for Operators

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Mar 8 07:00:48 MST 2007

scott wrote:

> I would like to be able to have an announcement played to an operator advising them of the queue the call came from before the call is pasted over to them, so they know how to greet the customer.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or can point me to some resource which details this?

That sounds like the announce option in the sections in queues.conf
would solve you problem.

---cut---
; An announcement may be specified which is played for the member as
; soon as they answer a call, typically to indicate to them which queue
; this call should be answered as, so that agents or members who are
; listening to more than one queue can differentiated how they should
; engage the customer
;
;announce = queue-markq
---cut---

Regards,
  Philipp

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998