[asterisk-users] Problem HandyTone 488 does not call transfer

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Wed Mar 7 12:07:14 MST 2007

Pablo Almido wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a analog phone connected to my Gateway Handytone and registered
> to Asterisk 1.4 I have configured my HandyTone 488
> (in the section FXS Port) for make and receive calls, however I can
> not transfer a call when it come via PSTN. But, when a call come from
> via IP I can transfer it.

I had this issue when I connected the PSTN to the "failover" port on an
HT 386.
The HT will pick up the call from the PSTN directly, before Asterisk can
get to it. Check the Asterisk console and logs for an incoming call to
see what Asterisk sees.

According to Grandstream tech support there is no way around this
(Working As Designed), at least on the HT386.

regards,

Drew

--
Drew Gibson