[asterisk-users] 1.4 - SLA

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Mar 6 11:34:46 MST 2007

Bill Gibbs wrote:
> I have been using 2 Polycom 430s so far.  I can get incoming calls just
> fine (both phones ring on line 1).  However it doesn't appear to seize
> the line, so if a call is on the one phone, I can still pick up line 1
> on the other and dial - and it's reflected in the connected call.  I
> assume that's related to the hint/subscription issue Lacy indicated as
> well.  "sip show subscriptions" shows nothing.

If you see no subscriptions, then the phones will not dispaly the state
of the line at all.

In regards to still allowing you to dial when all lines are busy, do you
have your phones set up to automatically dial when you go off-hook?  In
this SLA setup, you should not allow any dialing on the phone before a
call is made.  If the phone is taken off hook without pressing a
specific line button, the phone should immediately dial the "station1"
(or whatever the station is named) extension.  This will connect the
station to the first available trunk if there is one, and then provide
dialtone for making a call.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer