[asterisk-users] Re: Setting Sip Headers From Dial App?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Mar 6 01:27:10 MST 2007

SS> This might sound strange, but is there anyway for Asterisk to set
SS> extra sip headers based on a sip phone returning a 302 in a
SS> dialplan?

You can detect that a redirect has occurred by looking at ${RDNIS}.
You can't tell which SIP phone did the redirect though, which is
rather annoying -- you can't bill the redirected call to a specific
phone.

If it is an unattended transfer instead (I don't know if those use 302
as well), you can check ${BLINDTRANSFER}. That way you'll even know
which phone the transfer came from -- very useful for billing and
other purposes.

/Benny