[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk Faxing Support

Tomislav Parcina tomislav.parcina at email.t-com.hr
Tue Mar 6 01:08:03 MST 2007

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> Undue?  Digium requires disclaimers so they can dual-license it for ABE and
> other commercial vendors.  You're purposely twisting and distorting the
> reality with these weasel words.

I understand Digium strategy but I don't agree with it. I think it's
wrong not to include code in Asterisk just because they won't be able to
use it in ABE, so noncommercial version would be better.

Asterisk isn't strong because of ABE and commercial installations, but
because of big number of users and developers. Doing thing's like this
Digium is pushing people away from Asterisk.

> If you don't like it, use something else.  There's no need to take jabs at the
> company.

You are not helping neither.

--
Tomislav Parcina