[asterisk-users] Voicemail to SMS using asterisk

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 18:19:07 MST 2007

> 1. I want my users to dial certain number.
> 2. Record a voicemail with destination number.

No problems so far

> 3. Convert this Voicemail to Text.

Save the VM in database, but you need to build the speech-to-text
system somehow. The database will make the external application easier
to access the data.

> 4. Send the text with sms apps.
> and I wish i connect my asterisk to smsc directly. Is it possible
> without kannel?

Then how you plan to send the SMS? There are plenty of ways but you
need *SOME* interface be it kannel, FastSMS, GSM modem, email, etc,
etc, etc.