[asterisk-users] When does local leg in call file start?

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Mar 4 11:56:35 MST 2007

Yuan LIU wrote:
> I noticed that s at from-file started to execute regardless of the state
> of the outgoing call.  Is this supposed to be?  So far I can only set
> a Wait() in the local leg and hope the remote party picks up soon enough.
>
> I thought call file extension will start execution only when the
> outgoing leg is answered.  Or is there some way to detect this?

If you are dialing via a PRI or a device that supports call supervision,
this is the case.  If you are using a standard POTS line, the call is
assumed answered immediately.  This has been covered many times on this
list, search the archives for code fragments on how to deal with such a
situation.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: