[asterisk-users] PRI progress codes.

Wai Wu wkwu at calltrol.com
Sun Mar 4 08:31:02 MST 2007

I assume in this case, you are making the out of the PRI line. Well, that's exactly how PRI works. What you should do is look at the progress code and determine what the call status are (busy, disconnected number, moved number, etc) and play a proper message for the customer. As for the second case, it is not common for PRI lines hold up the call with dead air for 15 to 30 seconds. In my 20 years of dealing with the carriers, it is usually caused by the original PRI network is routing the call to a different network. Usually a different provider and mostly through an analog interface. In this case, there is not a thing you can do about it.

Welcome to the true world of telecommunications.