[asterisk-users] Asterisk - e164 (enum) lookup confused

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 3 16:24:16 MST 2007

>From: Joseph <syscon at interbaun.com>
>Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 00:30:42 -0700
>
>I would like to implement enum lookup in my dial plan but searching for
>solution / implementation I'm getting confused what is current
>standard.
>
>On some pages I read that the ENUMLOOKUP is not in development anymore
>and suggesting on using Enumlookup.agi scrip , some are saying that
>Asterisk 1.2.0 comes with a new powerful ENUMLOOKUP. So there is
>probably no need to use this script anymore; so I'm confused as to what
>should I use.

Have you read doc/README.enum (or enum.txt if 1.4) in your source tree?
Internet documents could be quite confusing, considering that Google knows
little about the age of them.  What's been said is that Enumlookup
application is being deprecated, and replaced by a powerful ENUMLOOKUP
function.  Likewise, many other applications are being or have been replaced
by functions of similar names.  AGI is definitely not the choice in
Asteriskland.

Yuan Liu