[asterisk-users] Need comparison between PBXtra, Trixbox, Thirdlane, Druid, Aheeva etc.

Fri Mar 2 19:31:41 MST 2007

On Mar 2, 2007, at 9:14 PM, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For a customer, I am looking for a good and reliable Asterisk based
> system. Five servers will be installed at different locations and
> will be linked together with each other. This system will work as a
> call center as well. It has to be a stable and reliable. Customer
> also needs GUIs for system administration and agents call activities.
>
> He also wants video conferencing
>
> Please help me select a good system.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Zeeshan A Zakaria

Running Asterisk with FreePBX on CentOS works great.  I started with
Trixbox and used it for a few weeks before I simply downloaded and
compiled my own.  Honestly, it is not that hard.  Just follow the
instructions.  I created a series of scripts to run against a fresh
CentOS install which deal with compiling and installing everything,
including the FreePBX dependencies.  I'd be happy to share it.  I
don't do any video conferencing, and I don't patch Asterisk for faxing.

FreePBX works quite well.  Combined with all the features of modern
SIP phones, there is nothing you can't do.

I run my systems using the Intel 975XBX2 motherboard (975 chipset),
which I assembled by buying components from New Egg.  Very stable -
no issues with CentOS.

-Joe