[asterisk-users] Newbie extensions.conf question

Bruce Reeves asterisk at nortex-networks.com
Fri Mar 2 05:30:03 MST 2007

Chris,

Here is how I might use this, I have a context called inside, is where each
of my extensions is dialed from. On my home box it looks like this.

[inside]
exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/1000,20,t)

What I would probably do is add the Notify command to each of my extensions
before my Dial, like so

[inside]
exten => 1000,1,Notify(${CALLERIDNUM}|${CALLERIDNAME}|${EXTEN}/sunnybook)
exten => 1000,n,Dial(SIP/1000,20,t)

As a side note, if you are trying to get a screen pop, there are several
programs that connect to the manager API and will create a screen pop when
the a dial event is triggered. I mainly us snap, which runs on windows, and
I can configure it to watch a certain extension and display the call
information for that extension. So instead of having a special line in my
dial plan, I have a program filtering through events on the manage
interface. Hope this helps.

On 3/2/07, Chris Griffin <cgriffin at 33keys.com> wrote:

> I'm still stuck on just exactly where in my extensions.conf file I
> should put the code below.
>

> Chris Griffin
> cgriffin at 33keys.com
>

> On Feb 28, 2007, at 9:55 PM, Patrick wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 23:28 -0600, voiplist wrote:
> > Thanks for the link..
> >
> > As for Google, I know how to use it. I searched for "Sven Slezak's
> > Notify" and other variations and got Squat..
>
> Yes I had that too initially. The trick is to remove the 's from Slezak.
> Then the first link that pops up is the link I gave below.

> >> http://mezzo.net/asterisk/app_notify.html
> >>
> >> Google is your friend.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Patrick