[asterisk-users] Tesco Internet Phone

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Fri Mar 2 00:46:19 MST 2007

On Thursday 01 March 2007 20:33, bails wrote:
> plug it in a linux box and tell us what it is please,
> generic-usb-audio or what?
>
> Bails
>
> Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> > Yeah, that's where firefly comes from, doesn't it.
> >
> > I've got the base station plugged in, and the handset connected to
> > it, but it always says "pc unavailable".
> >
> > My system (xp) "sees" a "usb phone" for speakers and microphone,
> > but I can't get it to work.

Did this go any further.  I would be interested in this.

Tesco also do a unit which plugs into the ethernet into which you can
plug a standard analogue phone.  Looking at the Freshtel web site
implies it is an IAX device, but wonder what controls which peer it
connects to.  Does anybody know if I could use it to connect to my own
Asterisk server?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk