[asterisk-users] Multiple simultaneous calls

Steve Totaro stevetotaro at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:33:39 MST 2007

stefano.totaro at transport.alstom.com wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I am a novice of Asterisk and I need some experts help to understand
> what I can get out of it.
> I need to make multiple calls (let say 50) at once to autoanswering
> softphones on a LAN and send all of them the same message that they
> will repeat with loudspeakers in the same environment.
> I am a little concerned about synchronization of the phones and
> moreover it is not much clear to me if I have to open 50 connections
> and send 50 times the same packets or if can use in some way the
> multicast.
> Is there anybody that may give me some idea.
> Thanks in advance,
> Stefano

I suppose you could do that although, I am unclear on the auto-answering
softphone and the loudspeaker thing.  Is this just for overhead paging
or something?

You could put all the phones in a ring group with ringall and use the
computer's sound card to connect to an amplified speaker setup.

You could also look at ices2 to stream audio or some other streaming
technology.

Thanks,
Steve