[asterisk-users] Help: CallerID Name not being sent on outboundPRI trunk

Webster, Andrew awebster at connectalk.com
Thu Mar 1 09:34:15 MST 2007

That doesn't sound promising; however my problem (as shown in the debug
output in my original post) is that it appears that the Zaptel drivers
aren't even attempting to SEND the name out the PRI, only the number.
Is there a setting in the Zapata.conf or zaptel.conf that is necessary
to tell it I want it to send the name too?

Andrew

> If you find another way, please do share... but that is 6 months
> headache we had just to find out that it was impossible to send the
> name, despite the majority of their technicians stating otherwise.
>
> This is in BC.  Maybe it's different in Alta?
>
> Webster, Andrew wrote:
> >
> > Outbound calls on my Telus PRI aren't taking the Name portion of the
> > callerID. I've looked at the logs, and it is being set (see below),
> > but the PRI debug output doesn't show the name being sent anywhere.
As
> > a result, received calls always display from Unknown (or just the
> number).
> > Is there some config that I've missed somewhere?
> >
> > I'm running NI-1 (Telus says NI-2 doesn't support the name feature,
so
> > they've changed my link type).
> > Version: Asterisk 1.2.14 svn rev 48468
> >

> > Asterisk Log:
> > Executing Set("SIP/304-091aafb8",
"CALLERID(all)=Andrew<nnnnnnnnnn>")
> > in new stack
> > (I've replaced the digits with n).
> >
> > PRI debug shows:
> > > Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8) len=42
> > > Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 4/0x4) (Originator)
> > > Message type: SETUP (5)
> > > [04 03 80 90 a2]
> > > Bearer Capability (len= 5) [ Ext: 1 Q.931 Std: 0 Info transfer
> > capability: Speech (0)
> > > Ext: 1 Trans mode/rate: 64kbps, circuit-mode (16)
> > > Ext: 1 User information layer 1: u-Law (34)
> > > [18 03 a9 83 81]
> > > Channel ID (len= 5) [ Ext: 1 IntID: Implicit, PRI Spare: 0,
Exclusive