[asterisk-users] 3 way calling independent of phone hw.

Simon Tennant simon at imaginator.com
Thu Mar 1 05:46:41 MST 2007

I'm looking for a recipe for a 3 way call where one of the parties can
(without using the flash button) dial-out and add a third participant to
the call.  I tried Googling but it seems I'm missing a key search term.

The reason I wanted to avoid using the flash button is that some
handsets don't have it (nokia E61 who's 2 way calling via sip is also
broken)

Something like:

1. party 1 calls party 2
2. either party 1 or 2 hits "*" on keypad
3. asterisk prompts for party 3's telephone number
4. asterisk dials party 3.
5. party 3 answers and is immediately added to 3-way call
6. the inviter has the option of pushing "#" to terminate party 3
(should the call only reach party 3's voicemail).

Either that or a ways to do DISA from within the meet-me functionality.

I can't imagine I'm the only person with this sort of requirement.

--
Simon Tennant ________________ http://imaginator.com/~simon/contact