[asterisk-users] Zaptel Compilation

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jun 30 14:18:47 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 07:40:30AM -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi Steve;
>
> I did what I told me below, and look like going fine
> but I do not know how can I know that zaptel
> compilation was implemented successfully specially I
> do not have a message in the end indicate this,

Generally such commands exit with an error if there is any problem. No
special message should be needed. If you have not recieved an error, the
make command has finished successfully. If you have recieved an error
you need to try to figure out what it is.

(Which is why I find the handling of building h323 by failing make so
buggy)

> please
> find below what the make and make install commands
> (for zaptel compilation) was ended by (please let me
> know if that is normal and the compilation was
> successfully done):
>
> This for make:
>
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/asterisk-1.4/zaptel-1.4/xpp/utils'
> gcc -c -fPIC -DSTANDALONE_ZAPATA -DBUILDING_TONEZONE
> -DHOTPLUG_FIRMWARE -I. -O4 -g -Wall
> -DBUILDING_TONEZONE    -DSTANDALONE_ZAPATA
> -DZAPTEL_CONFIG=\"/etc/zaptel.conf\"
> -DSTANDALONE_ZAPATA -DBUILDING_TONEZONE
> -DHOTPLUG_FIRMWARE -I. -O4 -g -Wall
> -DBUILDING_TONEZONE    -DSTANDALONE_ZAPATA
> -DZAPTEL_CONFIG=\"/etc/zaptel.conf\"
> -DBUILDING_TONEZONE -o zonedata.lo zonedata.c
> gcc -c -fPIC -DSTANDALONE_ZAPATA -DBUILDING_TONEZONE
> -DHOTPLUG_FIRMWARE -I. -O4 -g -Wall
> -DBUILDING_TONEZONE    -DSTANDALONE_ZAPATA
> -DZAPTEL_CONFIG=\"/etc/zaptel.conf\"
> -DSTANDALONE_ZAPATA -DBUILDING_TONEZONE
> -DHOTPLUG_FIRMWARE -I. -O4 -g -Wall
> -DBUILDING_TONEZONE    -DSTANDALONE_ZAPATA
> -DZAPTEL_CONFIG=\"/etc/zaptel.conf\"
> -DBUILDING_TONEZONE -o tonezone.lo tonezone.c
> gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,libtonezone.so.1.0 -o
> libtonezone.so zonedata.lo tonezone.lo -lm
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/asterisk-1.4/zaptel-1.4'
>
> This for make install:
>
> ***
> *** WARNING:
> *** If you had custom settings in
> /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel,
> *** they have been moved to
> /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel.bak.
> ***
> *** In the future, do not edit /etc/modprobe.d/zaptel,
> but
> *** instead put your changes in another file
> *** in the same directory so that they will not
> *** be overwritten by future Zaptel updates.
> ***

What's it? Nothing more?

What is the output of 'echo $?' (checking the exit status) immediately
after 'make install'?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org