[asterisk-users] Cisco 7970G line buttons

Bill Hackensack billhackensack at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 03:52:01 CDT 2007

On 6/30/07, lists at infoway.net <lists at infoway.net> wrote:

> I just upgraded my 7970G to the SIP firmware. What I'd like to do is have
> the 8 line buttons be able to make outbound calls using the same account
> (for practical purposes, same caller-ID). Since the phone is going to have a
> single public DID, when a call comes in, it should ring on the first
> available line. So, if I'm on line 1 and a call comes in, it should ring on
> line 2.
>
> How can this be done? Can I configure all lines to the same SIP user and
> will that do what I want? Do I have to configure each line to a separate
> user and then setup some "roll-over" configuration in Asterisk?

Welcome to our Planet.  Here on Planet Earth we have a search engine named
Google.  Specifically, www.google.com, please reference this amazing
resource sometime while you are visiting our planet.  We may seem to be
simpletons to your advanced civilization, but most of us reference this
resource before asking questions that have been answered thousands of times
in the past.

Thank you, and please enjoy your stay!

Remember, www.google.com, it's amazing!