[asterisk-users] v1.4.x ready yet?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Jun 29 17:32:29 CDT 2007

shadowym wrote:

> Eagerly waiting for v1.4.x to mature a bit before getting serious about it.
> Is it ready for production yet?  If that's too general, where is it in terms
> of stability compared to where 1.2.x is now.  Anyone running it successfully
> in production environment and if so what sort of config do you have?

The release of 1.4.6 today had "almost 100 changes to the 1.4 tree
since the last release."  That says to me that the answer is "no".  I'll
wait a week or two and then check the bug tracker for outstanding issues
(as well as the changelog) for 1.4 and then decide if I think it is
worth trying to upgrade or not.  I also hang out on #asterisk IRC
channel to see what sorts of problems people have with 1.4.