[asterisk-users] Query

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 22:50:45 CDT 2007

I am not sure what exactly you wish to achieve.  Just a basic SIP--to--SIP call or ?

  I am not much into the configs, but ya I can tell you that you can try using FreePBX or Trixbox kind of setup to write ur Asterisk config file, rather then u editing them, as it has macros, context etc... which is too high to me.  But the browser interface help a lot understanding the config files later once configured via FreePBX.

  FreePBX -- Its a tool(software which is wrapper over asterisk which gives a web based interface to manage & configure ur asterisk configuration files with easy understanding.

  tixbox-- Its a kind of Asterisk solution which is combination of asterisk+freepbx+linux+crm tools etc.. for quick Asterisk deployment.

  I am not sure whether u know all these if yes, hen excuse me.. but ur mail sounded u might need this info needed.

sanchal.singh at alliance-infotech.com wrote:
  Hi,
I am trying to establish call through sip phone between two PC connected to linux box on which asterisk server is running

1st PC is having IP Adress : 192.168.1.149
2nd PC is having IP Adress : 192.168.1.53

Now, I am tying to dial from 1st PC to 2nd PC

I am trying to dial from 1st PC to 2nd PC through asterisk server
The problem is 1st PC is calling directly to 2nd PC not through asterisk server

I am doing the following additions in configuration files

1) sip.conf

[general]
context=sip
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0

[phone1]
type=friend
host=192.168.1.149
port=5060
nat=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=sip

[phone2]
type=friend
host=192.168.1.53
port=5060
nat=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=sip

2) extensions.conf
exten => 11,1,Dial(SIP/phone2,20,tr)

Now, I am calling from sip phone1 by name phone2 at 192.168.1.53
It is not being called through asterisk server running on linux m/c. It is calling directly. As, I am running "sip debub" but no packet dumping is taking place. Can anybody will tell me the error I am doing.
Thanx and regards
sanchal

Linux your Life, Don't Window it [[]]

               { All for the best }