[asterisk-users] setup multiple phones for 1 extension

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Thu Jun 28 17:11:36 CDT 2007

I installed the follow-me module and tried it out, it works great.  I am
just continually amazed at what asterisk can do.

Another question - I'd like one of the extensions to ring out to a cell
phone.  I may have the users press '9' or maybe tell them to use
extension 900 or something, not sure yet.  Whats the best way to forward
a call out to an external number?

I was thinking I could set it up as an extension, then use follow me,
tell it to have 0 initial wait time, then in the extension list use
"1234567890#"  - the help says suffixing it with a pound sign will route
the call externally.

Something else I've thought about was playing a message to the user
asking them if they are sure they want to connect, and if so press 1 -
then I'll forward out the call.

-Ryan