[asterisk-users] Cisco 7941 localized menus with SIP firmware

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Jun 28 15:48:31 CDT 2007

Greg wrote:
>> So, if you ever use a Cisco SIP Phone with an Asterisk
>> server, it's > not possible to localize menus, soft
>> keys, and so on ?

> Not unless someone wants to add support for it in the SIP
> channel, which I doubt.  I would be more than willing to
> provide the SIP messages that a CallManager sends to
> accomplish it though.

Localization with CCM happens when the phone boots.  The
initial TFTP config download (xml or older .cfg) includes
a setting to identify the local, which then TFTP downloaded.
Setting up the initial config file (xml or older .cfg) is
not difficult, but without copies of the localization files
on your TFTP server, it will not help much.

With the localization files, the channel driver can send
the button templates and the phone will display the localized
version of the button(s).

Dan