[asterisk-users] Asterisk + hinting presence + macro

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Thu Jun 28 13:56:40 CDT 2007

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> Rob Schall wrote:
>
>> I currently have about 50 polycom 501 phones on my asterisk setup. The
>> dialplan is set to work with mysql (realtime), and all of the extensions
>> for the phones route through the same macro (stdexten). This all works
>> fine until I tried to set up notify status.
>>
>> On voip-info, they say do something like...
>>
>> 4444,hint,SIP/4444
>> 4444,1,Dial(SIP/4444)
>> blah blah blah
>>
>> This functionality works fine. But what if you have a macro
>> s,hint,SIP/${ARG1}
>> s,1,Dial(SIP/${ARG1}
>>
>> this adds a "s" hint which obviously doesn't work, instead of a hint for
>> 4444 as it should.
>>

> Yes.  Put in the correct hint.  There is no reason that
> "4444,hint,SIP/4444" would not work in a macro.

So, if I understand you correctly, my macro would look something vaguely
like...

[macro-stdexten]
${ARG1},hint,SIP/${ARG1}
s,1,Dial(${ARG1})?

This will work? My understand was that by going into a macro, you were
going to be using the "s" extension. I'm not sure how that hint would
get called if its not inside the s extension.

Rob